Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One foot in front of the other.....

It was a perfect day for running, about 75 degrees, overcast and slightly raining with a slight breeze, LOVE IT!!!

I hadn't slept worth a darn from all yesterday's adrenaline and I stayed up WAY too late, so the last thing I wanted to do was go for a run. Not being in a good running mood is probably why I tried to run with my only hydration being two cups of coffee, heavy on the skim, or why when my van wasn't actually unlocked, like I thought, I failed to go back in the house to get the keys so I could get a water bottle. So my run was lousy and it was all my own fault.

I took the puppy with me for the first mile. Yes I know, you aren't supposed to run with a puppy, but she was either frolicking next to me or towing me down the street so I'm sure I didn't over tire her. When I passed the house and handed her leash off to my daughter, it was all she could do to hang on to the now energized puppy that was not happy I was continuing on without her!

I managed to keep running for another half mile, but then had to take a break. I did get a few more minute of running in the last almost mile home, (I covered 2.4 in all,) but it was only half hearted.

Tomorrow is back on the bike...

No comments: